When you’re shooting in extreme conditions it’s important to be well prepared. Listen in as a my friend Joshua Holko and I discuss how he approaches these situations. This is Latitude Photography Podcast, Episode 103 for January 24, 2021
Enroll in my Master Photo Printing course.
Get some free resources here: https://brentbergherm.com/info/resources/
Get on the list for updates on Latitude Photography School
Shop at lensrentals.com with my affiliate link and I’ll get a small commission of the sale. Use the code “latitude15” at checkout and you’ll get 15% off your order.
I also have an affiliate link with ThinkTank Photo
Thank you for your support!
Links to Joshua’s Items he uses:
Sail Racing outerwear clothing: https://sailracing.com/us/men/outerwear/coats-parkas
Ice Breaker Clothing: https://www.icebreaker.com/en-us/home
Devold of Norway: https://www.devold.com
Heat 3 Gloves: https://theheatcompany.us/products/heat-3-smart?c=us
Cold Avenger Balaclava: https://coldavenger.com
Fjallraven outerwear: https://www.fjallraven.com/us/en-us
Baffin Arctic Sport Boots: https://www.baffin.com
I am your host, Brent Bergherm. Welcome to Latitude Photography podcast, the place where travel-outdoor photographers come to learn, grow, create and be inspired. Thank you so much for being here.
- Submit your images to the facebook group pertaining to Winter Wonderland (a.k.a. SNOW) or Within Arm’s Reach. I made a post showing you how to apply the topic and that’s listed as an announcement so it’s easy to find. By doing that I’ll be able to easily find your submissions and I look forward to talking about them in detail in a future episode. Ultimately, it’s my goal to do these review episodes live but for this one we’ll plan on it being recorded. Also be sure you get those in by Wednesday February 17. I’ll then have them ready and available to record by the end of February and I’ll have the next topic available for the next month. So we’ll do this each and every month, mostly anyway 🙂 Remember if you’re not a member of the group already you’ll need to answer two questions, who the host is, that’s me, and how long you’ve been shooting. I get all sorts of requests from all around the world to join the group but they don’t answer these simple questions so I decline them. I’d love to let YOU in though, and I know you’re a listener if you can answer these two simple questions. Thanks so much for joining the nearly 1,000 people in the group. And also, make sure you see everything in the group by going to the three dots item along the far right hand side, click it and then select manage notifications. Once there select the item that allows you to see all the posts. That helps ensure that you won’t miss out on any announcements or other goodies we’ve got going on in there. Like the few images I’m mentioning now…
- In the near future I’ve got shows lined up for talking about the new K3 mkiii by Pentax Shooter Aaron Martinez, Photographing the NYC subway from 1975–1985 and other street photography interests too and Joshua comes back once again to talk all sorts of details about fine art printing.
- I so appreciate your being here, but I do have a favor to ask. That is to grab a link to this show from somewhere, either the show notes website, from within your player, anywhere, and just quickly send a text or other message to someone and share the show with them. See if we can spread the news of all we’re talking about and the great fun we’re having to even more people. That would mean so much and just know I’m very grateful for your helping me out in this.
COLD WEATHER SHOOTING
- I had you on the show previously and you shoot in some fairly harsh conditions. Tell us about the most harsh weather you’ve photographed in.
- Preparing for the cold; clothing
- Preparing for the cold; transporting camera gear
- Preparing for the cold; using camera gear
- Find us on the web at http://latitudephotographypodcast.com
- Find me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/brentberghermphoto/
- Find the podcast facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1892577214293688/
- Find me on instagram @brentbergherm
- Find me on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/brentberghermphotography
- Find me online at https://brentbergherm.com
- Find Joshua online: https://jholko.com