I came across Nature First Photography when I was researching other guests for the show. I was curious and that curiosity led to this episode. I promise you there’s no politics, no bashing of ideas, at least not intentionally, but simply some good conversation and education about this organization and what they’re hoping to achieve. This is Latitude Photography Podcast, Episode 127 for Aug 30, 2021
Listen where you want:
October Topic #LookingUp
The topic for October, 2021 is #LookingUp. Please get your submissions in by the 12th of October to be considered for the broadcast on the 14th. I’ll be on YouTube and I’m planning on doing it once again at 6:15 p.m. Submit images to the facebook group with the hashtag #LookingUp and let’s see what you’ve got.
And the design principle I’d like to see us focus on, if possible, is Lines. Any idea about lines will work. Let’s see what you can come up with.
Final Prep for my National Parks visit
Isle Royale NP, Minnesota’s North Shore, Theodore Roosevelt NP and Maybe Badlands, Maybe Alaska, Things are so up in the air…
Today I have Scott Bacon with me and we’re going to talk about an organization for which he’s a founding member. Scott, welcome to the show!
- I always like to start with getting to know my guests first, at least a little bit. Please tell us about you and your work, and how photography as played a roll in your life.
- Tell us the quick overview of what Nature First Photography is all about. The 30 second snippet as it were.
- Now let’s talk details. You’ve got some principles outlined on your website. They are: (and we’ll talk in detail about these items)
- Prioritize the well-being of nature over photography
- Educate yourself about the places you photograph
- Reflect on the possible impact of your actions
- Use discretion if sharing locations
- Know and follow rules and regulations
- Always follow Leave No Trace principles and strive to leave places better than you found them (May 20, 2018 mention)
- Actively promote and educate others about these principles
- Cerkev Sv Janeza Krstnika
- Predjama Castle
- Plitvice Fairyland
- Blue Bicycle and Door, Rovinj
- Disturbing the Peace
- Side Entrance
- Tossed About
- On the Boardwalk
Resources and Links
You’re invited to check out Latitude Photography School, where we take the learning opportunities and go wild with them. It’s my goal to help you learn how to create beautiful photographs more consistently through intentional analysis and refinement of your creative vision.
I’m adding new content all the time be it new chapters and lessons to existing courses, tutorials and my favorites, QuickWins! And Live sessions where all the content is driven by member requests. You can discover all about Latitude Photography School over at my website: https://brentbergherm.com
Sign up for my basic notifications email list. I’ll be sending tips, ideas, stories from the road and lessons learned while on the road every 6–8 weeks. https://mailchi.mp/eeb40a226ba2/kk5w15cdqv
Shop at lensrentals.com with my affiliate link and I’ll get a small commission of the sale: https://www.gopjn.com/t/SENJRktJT01DR09OS0lLQ0dLT0tGTg
I also have an affiliate link with ThinkTank Photo http://bit.ly/2IMRhOT