We go to the ends of the earth in this episode. Paul North, of Meet the Ocean, shares his knowledge and stories about shooting from places such as Antarctica, Greenland and everything in between.
This is Latitude Photography Podcast, Episode 72 for March 31, 2020.
Meet the Ocean Website:https://www.meettheocean.org
Take the Latitude Photography School Survey https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SDBKjA2D8HvdkB8nGFyNOBhOTvHveB20KJ_JiTXLmaI/edit
Palouse Shoot-n-Print Photography and Printing Workshop: https://latitudephotographyschool.com/workshops/palouse-shoot-n-print-workshop/
Sign up to be the first notified when the new Latitude Photography School is available and open for business: https://latitudephotographyschool.com
Lensrentals.com affiliate link: https://www.gopjn.com/t/SENJRktJT01DR09OS0lLQ0dLT0tGTg
Use this link AND the code “latitude15” the next time you need to rent gear. I’ll get a small percentage and you’ll get 15% off.
ThinkTank Photo affiliate link: http://bit.ly/2IMRhOT
Need to carry your gear in style? Treat yourself to a ThinkTank Photo bag with the link and get a free gift at checkout.
- Share what you’re up to in the facebook group.
- I published a beginners lesson on photography, this one is specific to Lenses and Aperture, and it’s only found in the facebook group.
- Save 40% off phlearn.com with code Latitude40 at checkout, this is good on their annual subscription and is only good through April 6.
- I’ve got a survey going on, link in the show notes. Due to the pandemic I’m extending the survey out to May 15 2020.
- I plan to finally get organized by Sunday the 5th of April. These past few weeks have been very hectic and I’ll explain everything in that episode, introduce the new regular guests and I’ll be answering a listener question. He feels like an imposter and we’ve had some good conversations these last few days and I look forward to discussing that with you.
Today I’m talking with Paul North about his organization called Meet the Ocean, Paul, Welcome to the Show!
- We briefly met at Walla Walla University. Tell us a little bit about why you were there.
- What is Meet the Ocean?
- Tell us a bit about your Podcast
- Tell us about some gear and the different types of imagery and videos you produce.
- Tell us about shooting in Antarctica.
- Where are you off to next? What types of stories do you anticipate being able to tell with your work there?