Many of us, myself included, love photography so much we just want to do more and more of it, and hopefully make at least a little money from it. Today we’re looking at taking a business mindset approach to our photographic efforts, once again with Rick Sammon.
Links Mentioned in today’s show:
Find Rick’s website here: https://ricksammon.com
Buy Rick’s Books on Amazon, Photo Therapy: https://amzn.to/2VSG468
Photo Quest: https://amzn.to/2ZMEmnH
Chris Orwig’s Book: https://amzn.to/3gzobAX
The Thank You Economy: https://amzn.to/38xmAsM
Real Magic: https://amzn.to/2VQQHGo
Canon’s Virtual Product Launch: www.usa.canon.com/virtualproductlaunch
Enroll in my Master Photo Printing course and get a full year of LPS free once it’s released!
Get some free resources here: https://brentbergherm.com/info/resources/
Palouse Shoot-n-Print Photography and Printing Workshop
Get on the list for updates on Latitude Photography School
Shop at lensrentals.com with my affiliate link and I’ll get a small commission of the sale. Use the code “latitude15” at checkout and you’ll get 15% off your order.
I also have an affiliate link with ThinkTank Photo
Thank you for your support!
Introduction and Announcements
I am your host, Brent Bergherm. Welcome to Latitude Photography podcast, the place where travel-outdoor photographers come to learn, grow, create and be inspired. We’re all on a journey to make more images and to do so with purpose. Thank you so much for being here.
Rick, you’re back once again. Thank you so much for being here to share with us some thoughts and tidbits of wisdom regarding our photography and how to approach things if we’re looking to make it a part-time or even a full-time endeavor.
Main Topic: The Business of Photography
- It’s a business.
- Always have a “cush.”
- Your money can work harder for you then you can.
- It takes a lot of peanuts to feed an elephant.
- You never know who is watching.
- Socialize or succumb.
- Networking is needed.
- Listening is as important as hearing.
- You have no competition.
- Never mistake motion for action.
- You don’t drown by falling in water. You only drown if you stay there.
- Never give up!
- Emotional Intelligence is key.
- Write it down.
Please remember, I’m running a special right now. If you purchase my Master Photo Print online course you’ll get a free year of Latitude Photography School once it’s released. This offer is good until July 31, 2020 and it is good for all who have purchased the course, whether it was a year ago that you bought it, or if it’s today. There’s a link in the show notes, please take a look and if it’s right for you I’d love to have you join us there.
- Find us on the web at http://latitudephotographypodcast.com
- Find me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/brentberghermphoto/
- Find the podcast facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1892577214293688/
- Find me on instagram @brentbergherm
- Find me on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/brentberghermphotography
- Find me online at https://brentbergherm.com
- And finally, my online learning platform for photographers is found at http://latitudephotographyschool.com
- Find Rick at https://ricksammon.com
- Find Rick on YouTube
- Find Rick on Instagram @RickSammonPhotography