Today’s discussion takes us to Poland and Israel with photographer Randy Narkir. It’s a sobering discussion about the March of the Living. When reading from their website, it’s “an annual educational program, bringing individuals from around the world to Poland and Israel to study the history of the Holocaust and to examine the roots of prejudice, intolerance and hatred.” Some of the discussion could be disturbing to some listeners.
Randy Narkir Interview Questions
- Randy, tell us a little bit about your background. Personally and then, of course, as a photographer
- You recently took a trip to Poland. Tell us about why you went, who you went with and certainly where you went.
- You’ve been posting some photos to your personal facebook feed. In particular I’m thinking about the following. Please tell us the stories behind these photos.
- Plac Zgody in Krakow.
- Disinfection room in Majdanek Concentration Camp
- Block 27 Auschwitz with the book on names
- Auschwitz Reflection
- Birkenau guard
- March to Kotel and the celebration of Latrun (looks like this is in Israel?)
- Flag over Treblinka
Randy can be found here on Facebook.
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/6641742/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]